Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Formal Birthday Shimmer

Hello everyone,

I have a few cards ready to post but didn't manage to get to my laptop yesterday or the day before thanks to work.  I hate it when that happens.

Today's card is one of three that I crafted for a colleague but couldn't decide which one I was going to give her.


The printed papers are Stampin' Up Lap of Luxury designer series paper.  The top layer is Very Vanilla textured with Quickutz Frame embossing folder, highlighted with LuminArte Ice Twinkling H2Os and layered on more Lap of Luxury.  The sentiment is Serendipity Stamps stamped in Elegant Eggplant and Illuminate.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Pearl Opaques.

I've not used the few frame or border embossing folders that I have in my stash because I find them a challenge and they usually leave lines on the paper once I've run them through my Big Shot.  There is a Pinterest article going around suggesting using plumber's mat as part of the sandwich to emboss without these lines.  I've had no luck finding the plumber's mat but I've manage to find another option.  I'm playing with some of the thicker drawer lining material.  There are some that have no texture and so far, I'm pleased with the results.  I have been playing with the sandwiches to get the optimum images but I think it will ultimately work.  More to follow of this.

Anyway, this is one of those folders that I find tricky to get pleasing results.  The tone on tone embossing either needs highlighting, as I've done here, or layering.  I've also had challenges finding sentiments that work well with the texture.  I know I just need to play with them to find something that works.  In the end, I didn't use this particular card because I found the results too formal for a vibrant young woman whose is turning twenty-nine.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment