Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pretty In Pink

Hello everyone,

I'm a huge fan of Pinterest and spend more time than in good for me 'Pinning' cards.  I was inspired by some of the wonderful resist embossing cards so I thought I'd play.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue "Sisters" Lace layered on Close To My Heart Baby Pink.  The image is Woodware Going To Seed, stamped in VersaMark on glossy white and heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  The glossy paper was smooshed with a variety of Ranger Alcohol inks then layered on more Baby Pink and Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is Verve Amazing Wishes stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla.  The butterfly is EK Success punched from Very Vanilla and a scrap of the alcohol inked glossy paper that was glittered with Crystal Glitter Ritz glitter.  The ribbon and bow are of unknown origin.

This is just one very pretty pink card.  I often find that when I use so many different elements, it just looks overdone and awkward.  In this case, it doesn't and I think it's because there are only three colours - vanilla, light pink and dark pink.  It was a lot of fun to just play around with the different elements.

More Pinterest inspired cards to come.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment