Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Silver And Black

Hello everyone,

My own husband helped us get some of the grocery sponsors that facilitated the great food we had on hand throughout the day.


The printed papers are DCWV All Dressed Up layered on Canford Silver.  The sentiment is Serendipity stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Whisper White and layered on a black of unknown origin and more Canford Silver.  The embellishments are from the dollar store and were reworked with little scrpas of the black paper.

My husband is a huge Oakland Raiders NFL fan so I know I won't go wrong by crafting him silver and black cards.  There may be a little more glitter than he would like but I'm still using pieces from my scrap bin and it was either glitter or leopard print.  The glitter is the better option of the two. The original brads were just lousy with crooked, plastic inserts that go with absolutely nothing.  On the plus side, the plastic is easy removed and replaced with any number of things.  In this particular case, paper.  I put extra glue on top of the paper to give the reworked brads some shine.  I've also replaced the brads with Stickles and it also works really well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Great looking card. I have this paper and have stared at it for at least a year wondering what to do with it. Thanks for the idea. My afternoon project. Look forward to seeing more. Love your blog.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card. Glitter or not it makes a great card for a man. And like anonymous said, I have this paper!

    ReplyDelete