Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Starburst Thanks I

Hello everyone,

I had a yen to craft a starburst card today and I couldn't stop at just one.


The printed papers are My Mind's Eye and three others of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up textured Always Artichoke and Ruby Red.  The sentiment is Verve Celebration of Thanks stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla.  The butterfly is punched with a Stampin' Up butterfly punch from a scrap of Ruby Red that was crimped.  The embellishments are Kaisercraft December 25th jewels.

I found the instructions for this card via Pinterest and had a few issues with the dimensions provided.  These are great cards for using up scrap pieces and I have a ton of scraps.  It took forever to find three patterns that would work decently together.  I found a number of really interesting quilted cards on Pinterest and once I have a bit of time, I can't wait to give a few of them a try.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I like how the starburst isn't the whole card backing or even all of the top. There is enough of it there to be interesting but not so much to overwhelm. I don't doubt the hardest part was finding papers that would go good together! I'm looking forward to seeing your quilted cards!

    ReplyDelete