Monday, March 3, 2014

Hitting The Road

Hello everyone,

One of my colleagues is retiring and I was commissioned to craft his card.


The printed papers are BoBunny Detour, Echo Park A Boy's Life, and DCWV Pets Stack layered on Stampin' Up textured Crush Curry, a navy of unknown origin and Close To My Heart Gold Rush.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Close To My Heart Dutch Blue on Very Vanilla and layered on more Gold Rush and navy.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

I just couldn't resist trying another starburst card.  In particular I wanted to try a masculine card.  My idea was that he was driving away from work in his retirement.  I think it turned out perfectly!  For the brad placement I tried a technique I found on Pinterest.  I used my paper piercing template which easily showed me where to align the brad holes.  Worked wonderfully!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment