Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bloomin' Improved

Hello everyone,

The original card was posted on May 11, 2010.


The sentiment element on the original card was much to small and badly positioned.  The image and sentiment on the redesigned card provides better scale given it's a proper focal point.  The image is Close To My Heart Thoughts of You stamped on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla with Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery and River Rock.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Soft Suede.  The embellishment are Close To My Heart Pearl Opaques.


What a difference a well balance focal element makes.  The image works fairly well with the original basic grey paper though the Blush Blossom is a little more orange than I'd like but I didn't have a pink that worked better.  I probably could have included a layer of pale blue (Soft Sky) but that is hindsight talking.  I'm very, very pleased with this new version.

I hope you enjoy this redo and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking seeing these resigned cards. You've fixed this one up nice. It is quite lovely with its floral design, makes me think of wild fields.

    ReplyDelete