Saturday, May 17, 2014

Creative Condolences

Hello everyone,

Today's card was originally posted on August 1, 2010.


The image on the redesigned card is Penny Black Inclinations stamped on Stampin' Up Whisper White in Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip and layered on Recollections White.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Sincere Expressions stamped in Early Espresso.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.


Like yesterday's card, the sentiment on the original card floats on a sea of boring textured.  The texture is interesting but there is so much of it, the sentiment gets lost.  Also, the embellishments are too large for the sentiment and instead of bringing focus, they are lost and flex the sentiment downward.  I flipped the sentiment from corner to corner, something I've never done before, and stamped it in two different colours which I think makes it incredibly interesting.  There is no longer a sea of texture but something interesting wherever your eye lands.  I love, love, love this new card!

I hope you enjoy this redo and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Love the redesigned card! You really snazzed it up for the newer version. I bought that Penny Black stamp on a whim and have yet to use it. This is good inspiration to use it.

    ReplyDelete