Sunday, May 11, 2014

Diva Do Over

Hello everyone,

As I was going through my stash of cards, figuring out what types of cards needed replenishing, I realized I had cards that had been in the box for years.  I decided to see what I could do to refashion them to make them more saleable.  I was very critical, pulling out eleven cards and of those, only three were completely deconstructed.  I thought it would be fun to post before and afters of the remaining eight cards.

The original card was posted on February 4, 2010:


For the refashioned card, I removed the brad and added three butterflies, punched with three separate EK Success butterfly punches from Stampin' Up Whisper White and Sending Love designer series paper.  The metal butterfly is of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Multicrafts.  The sentiment was highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.


I think this is a fantastic do-over!  The butterflies add some much needed interest.  The brad from the earlier card wasn't the right scale and just floated on the card.  Adding glitter to the sentiment speaks to the glitter in the printed paper.  I love this new card.

I hope you enjoy this redo and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Awesome do-over! The butterflies definitely added some great interest to an otherwise dull card. I like that the base of each butterfly is the same but there there is a different fancy one of top. That's good thinking!

    ReplyDelete