Wednesday, May 28, 2014

For His Wife

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a Mother's Day card that a colleague commissioned was for his wife.



The printed paper is origami paper of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Basic Black and Bazzill Gold.  The sentiment was stamped with EK Success Image Tree "Make A Wish" letters on Whisper White with Versafine Onyx Black and layered on more Bazzill Gold.  The ribbon is Crafts.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques.

My colleague's office is really Asia-inspired so using this origami paper was pretty straightforward.  Given the origami paper is really quite elaborate, I decided to keep everything else simple.  I'd seen this type of ribbon application on a number of Pinterest cards and find it very appealing.

My colleague's wife loved the card.  I hope he asks for more because I really enjoyed crafting it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment