Thursday, August 21, 2014

Horsey Thanks

Hello everyone,

On our recent vacation to Calgary to visit my cousins and go to the Stampede, we took an afternoon and went on a fabulous trail ride in Alberta's Kananaskis Provincial Park.  I decided to craft this special thank you card for the folks at the Rafter Six Ranch who showed us some wonderful Alberta hospitality and provided us an amazing experience!


The printed paper is Carta Bella Giddy Up! Bandana layered on Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy.  The photos are layered on Recollections Vanilla and more Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy.  The sentiment is Verve Celebration of Thanks stamped in Bravo Burgundy.  The ribbon is White Rose.  The embellishment is of unknown origin.

This will be the last western-inspired card for a while.  I really have to get back to some commissions and charity sale cards.  I love the bandana paper and I found this scrap of old, old, old White Rose ribbon with the lacy edges that worked beautifully together.  I have a ton of photos from this spectacular afternoon and it was hard to choose which to use.  I couldn't resist using the flags with the mountain in the background, it really spoke to me about the beauty of this country.

I hope you enjoy this card and the entire western vacation inspired series, and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment