Friday, September 5, 2014

Vintage Fêtes

Hello everyone,

I've just realized that many of my leftover Christmas paper are stripes that have to be joined to fit the card bases.


The printed papers are BoBunny Rejoice.  The sentiment is Bonnidee C'est Noël stamped in StazOn Olive Green on Recollections Vanilla.  The cording is Bead Landing Hemp Cord.  The sticker is K&Company Tim Coffey.

Let me just say that applying cording to cover seam lines is a challenge and doesn't deliver the greatest results.  As I blog this card, I realize I'm going to have to make some repairs otherwise this cording is going to rip my paper seams apart.  Notwithstanding my cording issues, I think this card turned out great!  It's not always easy to use up scraps but finding good sized pieces in the bin helped this card come together pretty easily.  Finding a workable sticker was interesting but this one works quite well and really lends to the vintage feeling I was hoping for.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment