Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Poinsettia Collection IV

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the fourth in the latest poinsettia collection I've been crafting for a friend.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Jovial layered on textured Bazzill.  The image is Penny Black Joyous stamped in Towbow and Faber-Castell markers on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Stampin' Up Basic Black and more textured Bazzill.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Holiday Sayings stamped in Versafine and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is Crafts and Multicrafts.  The embellishments are Queen & Company Marble Wizard Rox.

I was so happy with the last card which I crafted with this image that when my friend asked for poinsettia cards I knew I would use this stamp again.  This time I decided to use a number of different colours on the flowers.  The unfortunate thing with this stamp set is that it's an acrylic and even though I've repeatedly conditioned it, I'm still not fussy with the stamped image.  I've even tried previous inking with VersaMark and it's still not great.  I'm not sure if the problem is mine or the stamp.  I'll have to keep playing with it and see.  I'll keep you posted.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment