Sunday, November 30, 2014

Snowflake Special

Hello everyone,

Today is the last card is the Christmas series that a colleague commissioned.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Mistletoe Magic layered on Stampin' Up Ridinghood Red, Recollections White and Close To My Heart Juniper.  The Ridinghood Red layer was textured with Darice Snowflakes embossing folder and highlighted with Diamond Stickles.  The ribbon is Michaels.

One great thing about crafting holiday/winter seasonal cards without sentiments is that it really brings out one's creativity. Adding interest with the texture was somewhat key on this card.  You don't see it all that well in this photo but this folder ties in really well with the printed paper.  I also was very careful to align the printed paper as it makes it appear as though it's a single element.  I'm very happy with the results.  My colleague oohed and awed!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment