Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Busy And Bright

Hello everyone,

This is my last 'kid' card of the gift set I've been working on.


The printed papers are Me & My Big Ideas Mambi Sheets layered on Stampin' Up Pale Plum and Lucky Limeade.  The sentiment is Rubber Cafe Happy Birthday C-385 stamped in Night of Navy on Recollections White, highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen, and layered on more Pale Plum and Lucky Limeade.  The butterflies are Stampin' Up Flight of the Butterfly stamped and punched from Pale Plum, Lucky Limeade and Wild Wasabi and Night of Navy.  The butterflies are heat embossed with Stampendous Kaleidoscope embossing powder.

I wanted to craft a really fun and cheerful card and this one certainly fits that bill.  This is the greatest paper for making kid cards.  There are so many elements incorporated which provide a multitude of options.  There are also a ton of different colours and because it is so busy, you don't have to worry about perfect colour matches.  In this case, I was particularly inspired by the butterfly in the bottom left, giving me the perfect excuse to use the Flight of the Butterflies stamps and the handy coordinating punch.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: