Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Natural Sympathy

Hello everyone,

My latest Stampin' Up order arrived so I wanted to play a little.  I've seen this Lotus Blossom set all over Pinterest lately and couldn't resist.


The printed papers are Momenta Denise Urban layered on Stampin' Up Summer Starfruit.  The image is Stampin' Up Lotus Blossom stamped in Daffodil Delight and Close To My Heart Cotton Candy and Hollyhock on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Momenta.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Close To My Heart Desert Sand on Recollections Vanilla.  The image is Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri stamped in Bordering Blue on Recollections Vanilla.  The embellishment is Forever In Time Diamond Gem Strips.

In hindsight I think I should have added stems to the blossoms but it didn't even strike me until I saw the image as I was writing this post.  Oh well!  I love the naturalness of this card.  I sponged some Desert Sand ink over the images to make them appear a little softer.  I had to play with ink colours quite a bit before I found a combination that worked with the image on the printed paper.  It's really quite muted and lovely.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: