Thursday, February 19, 2015

Celebrating 100

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned by a colleague whose needed a card to celebrate a special 100th birthday.  I can't image I'll craft too many of these special cards.


The printed paper is K&Company Susan Winget Nature layered on Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The image is Stampin' Up Branch Out stamped in Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Certainly Celery, and Wild Wasabi on Recollections White and layered on Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections White and layered on more Early Espresso.  The number was die cut from Provo Craft Olivia dies from Early Espresso.  The vertical strip is Stampin' Up Gold Magic Mesh.

The recipient of this card has an affinity for nature so this tree stamp set was a given though I had thought about using a sea scape.  My colleague asked for texture because his eye sight is diminished.  I thought the mesh would be interesting and the number is just a little raised so it will be an interesting feeling when he touches it.  I used white and brown because I thought the contrast would make it easier to see.  The was a very interesting card that I quite enjoyed thinking through.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I really love this card, the colors, the feel, just everything!

    ReplyDelete