Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Happy Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's post is part of the series I'm crafting for my stash of good luck/best wishes/retirement cards.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Comfort Cafe layered on Stampin' Up Pool Party, Soft Suede and Midnight Muse.  The Pool Party layer was textured with Crafts Concepts Wings embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The butterfly was die cut with Sizzix Bigz Beautiful Butterflies from Midnight Muse and textured with Crafts Concepts Wings embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in Close To My heart Outdoor Denim on Recollections Vanilla.  The embellishments are K&Company "The Kiss" Gems.

I was in the mood to craft a happy card and I think this really fits the bill.  I was cleaning up my craft area last night and I came across a pile of scraps from a one sheet wonder kit that I used for a Crop class a couple of years ago.  I like this particular piece of Stampin' Up paper because it has a variety of colours that make it really nice to work with.  There is a lot of texture with all the embossing and I probably overdid it with the butterfly but I found it a rather flat element otherwise.  I can live with it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I like the layered butterfly on the layered paper. You definitely captured happiness.

    ReplyDelete