Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Scottish Irish Wedding

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned by my girlfriend.  She was in need of a wedding card for a Scottish dance teacher who is marrying an Irish fellow.


The image is Verve Hundred Hearts heat embossed with Stampendous Green Tinsel embossing powder on Recollections White and layered on a shimmery navy and red of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Verve Love Story also heat embossed with Stampendous Green Tinsel embossing powder on Recollections White and layered on more shimmery red.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishment is a Recollections brad.

This was a tougher card than I anticipated.  I really hoped to mimic a McDonald tartan and use shamrock images.  I couldn't figure out the correct tartan and was pretty sure using the wrong one would be a disaster.  I thought I had a simple shamrock stamp but couldn't find one anywhere in my stash.  All that being said, I think this card does speak to the Scottish and Irish.  The red and blue of the tartan and the kelly green ribbon actually don't look all that bad together.  I really hope my girlfriend likes it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment