Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fabulously Floral

Hello everyone,

Today's charity card is the last one using the yellow card bases.


The card base is textured DCWV.  The printed papers are Momenta Patty Young Designs.  The image is Stampin' Up Bordering On Romance stamped in River Rock on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Close To My Heart Smoothie.  The images are coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up Pastels. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Well Scripted stamped in Soft Suede.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone stickers.

I've used and coloured this image in earlier cards but its been quite a while.  I wanted to use this strip of diamond patterned paper from an earlier card because I just love it.  An excuse to use more bling.  I also used these flower images because I really wanted some contrast for these stripes.  I actually find striped and dotted paper a bit of a challenge because they don't always translate well onto cards once its cut to size.  Random patterns look so much better.  Anyway, I figured by showing a fair amount of the striped paper, it would look better and it does.  I can't explain why but I suspect it has to do with 'scale'.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment