Monday, April 6, 2015

Lovely Leftovers

Hello everyone,

One of the great things about Thursday's and Friday's card is that there was enough leftover paper after die cutting the original butterfly, to cut a number of smaller butterflies.


The butterflies are cut from a piece of glossy paper that was inked with a variety of Ranger alcohol inks and die cut with Joy Crafts 6002/0322.  The background layer is Recollections White textured with Craft Concepts Wings embossing folder, highlighted with Wink of Stella GL Clear 999 and layered on Close To My Heart Sorbet.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone.

One of the benefits of my obscene stash of butterfly dies is that there is a wide variety of sizes.  These small dies were perfect for using up scraps.  Against the textured and glittered background, they really pop!  It is very rare for me to not use a sentiment on the front of my cards (it's inside!) but I really like this grid pattern and to include a sentiment would have interrupted these wonderful rows.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment