Saturday, April 11, 2015

Remarkable Redos

Hello everyone,

I wasn't exactly pleased with the Grunged and Glittered and Sincerely Spring cards from earlier this week so decided to undertake some redoing.  It was absolutely worth the effort!


The butterfly die cut, sentiment and embellishments were reapplied to a piece of Recollections White and Marina Mist.  The sentiment, still Stampabilities Happy Birthday 01, was stamped in Stampin' Up Marina Mist.

The butterfly, sentiment and embellishments now pop without any loss to the great grunge background.  The butterfly is also wonderfully visible.


The butterfly die cut and sentiment were reapplied to a piece of Recollections White that was stamped with Stampin' Up Blooming With Kindness stamped in Daffodil Delight, layered on more Pear Pizzazz and White, and highlighted with Wink of Stella GL Clear 999.

The only change to this card was re-stamping the flowers in Daffodil Delight.  The butterfly no longer blends in quite so much.  It still doesn't pop as much as I'd hoped but at least it is so much more visible than my earlier effort.

I'm really pleased that I took the time to re-work these two card.  I really wasn't happy with the original results and these two cards are so much better.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment