Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sunburst of Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's charity card is somewhat outside of my comfort zone.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is Momenta Patty Young Designs layered on Close To My Heart Smoothie.  The images are Stampin' Up Kinda Eclectic stamped in Barely Banana and Blush Blossom on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Smoothie.  The butterflies were highlighted with Illuminate ink.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Pear Pizzazz and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Doodlebug mini pearls and Queen & Company Shamrock Green pearls.

A girlfriend recently remarked that I don't often use images on my cards.  She's right, I really favour printed papers, layers and great sentiments.  I decided it was time to see what I could do with some of the images I have in my stash.  This particular Stampin' Up set was recently acquired because I loved the rows of dots.  I thought it worked exceptionally well with this printed paper.  The butterflies were a pretty easy pick as I've loads of butterfly stamps.  The sunburst though made me wonder what the heck I was thinking!  I'm not particularly fond of yellow as I find it so very hard to work with and have very limited yellow inks available.  In this particular case I'm very grateful for the retired ink pads I've not unloaded.  I love the results!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment