Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Birdie Told Me

Hello everyone,

Today's charity card uses the second dusty rose card base.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is Carta Bella Beautiful Moments layered on Stampin' Up Going Grey.  The images are Stampin' Up Four Feathers stamped in Close To My Heart Ruby and Blush, and Stampin' Up Smokey Slate on Recollections White.  The feather were die cut with Sizzix Feathers Framelits.  The sentiment is Serendipity stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishment is American Crafts glitter brad.

I so loved this little birdie on the printed paper that I thought the design would be a breeze!  Not so much really.  I decided it would be cool to have the feathers (which speak to the bird) hang from the banner.  Cool doesn't mean easy!  It took me forever to find a way to place the feathers without looking awkward for covering up the worded banner.  I think it was so hard because the feathers don't work with the scale of the printed paper all that well.  By the time I was ready to add the sentiment, I wasn't going to muck around so just used that blank space on the printed paper.  Live and learn!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment