Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bravo Birdie

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last charity card using the beautiful leftover Birds and Blooms and the darker blue DCWV card bases.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is Karen Foster Birds and Blooms layered on Momenta Textured Cardstock.  The sentiment is Avery Elle stamped in Close To My Heart Whisper ink on Stampin' Up Whisper White, and layered on more Momenta.  The printed paper is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Want 2 Scrap Baby Bling Pearls.

This card took me much longer to craft than I thought it would as I couldn't quite figure out what to do to take best advantage of the printed paper.  I eventually decided to just let the paper be and work with pearls and glitter.  I think it was the right choice.  I don't often mix pearls and glitter but using the two in this case worked really well.  The pearls fit great on the flowers and the glitter is wonderful on the dots.  I love the results and am glad I didn't mess with the layout and extras.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment