Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Flocking Birds

Hello everyone,

Now that I've finished with the Mother's Day card commissions, I'm back to working on the charity cards.

The textured card bases are DCWV.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Basic Black and Recollections Vanilla.  The image is Penny Black Birds On A Wire stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Basic Black.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself.  The embellishments are Kaisercraft black Pearl Strips.

I'm not a big fan of using a lot of black in my card crafting.  I find it a rather challenging colour.  In the case of the next few cards, I decided to keep it simple and that certainly helped with the overall results
.  For this particular card, I knew I wanted to use this paper that a friend gifted to me.  It's seemed only fitting to match it with this great Penny Black stamp.  It actually worked much better than I imagined.  I debated the pearl embellishments and I could still take them or leave them.  I am determined not to make these black cards sympathy cards but I thought this 'thinking of you' sentiment was rather fitting.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon,

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment