Saturday, May 2, 2015

Perfectly Peared

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another charity card.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket DeLovely layered on Stampin' Up Whisper White.  The image is Stampin' Up Faith In Nature stamped in Nick Bantock Chartreuse Leaf on Whisper White, layered on Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Waltzingmouse Say It With Style also stamped in Chartreuse Leaf on Whisper White and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is Michael's Celebrate It.  The butterfly is K&Co Brenda Walton Vellum Stickers.

This set of Stampin' Up images is one of my favourites but I don't use them all that often because I don't step out of the layers and sentiments box that I'm in.  I'm going to make a concentrated effort to change that with these charity cards.  It's pretty obvious that I paired the paper and the image, what else could really be done here?  I debated adding the ribbon and butterfly but in the end, felt they added texture and interest to what would otherwise be a pretty 'flat' card.  Overall, this card really does it for me.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment