Thursday, June 4, 2015

Coloured Blossoms II

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the second card of the floral birthday card set I crafted yesterday.


The image is Penny Black Delicate Florals stamped in StazOn Jet Black on Recollections White, coloured with Stampin' Up Calypso Coral and Old Olive Blendabilities and layered on Calypso Coral and Old Olive.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Old Olive.  The embellishments are Keepsakes Memories.

I'm not a fan of Calypso Coral but choose to purchase the Blendabilities to have colouring options besides pink and burgundy.  I'm actually pretty happy with the colour as the three tones give pretty decent options.  I am finding it a challenge to colour because you need an extremely light touch otherwise they bleed over the lines something terrible.  I couldn't find any coral embellishments (go figure!) so I used some deep orange which actually worked extremely well with the coral.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment