Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sparkling Snowflakes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another Christmas card for the charity card sale at the office this Fall.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is Wild Rose Studio Frosted Lace layered on Bazzill white and Close To My Heart Twilight.  The image is Penny Black Crystal Wreath stamped in Twilight on Bazzill white, highlighted with Mermaid Stickles and die cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities.  The snowflake is Spellbinders Create-A-Flake Three die cut from a scrap of Twilight that was glittered with Crystal Glitter Ritz.

I really love this Wild Rose Studio papers.  The non-traditional colours with the snowflakes and holly just put me in a happy place.  I love using Stickles on this particular stamp.  The multitude of snowflakes just begs for embellishments.  I'm not that fussy on the scallop circle but I was trying to mimic the 'lace' in the top right corner of the printed paper.  I didn't realize, until I was placing the card in its envelop, that this card actually works on the horizontal as well as the vertical.  A happy accident!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment