Thursday, June 11, 2015

Terrific Tree

Hello everyone,

A wonderful Christmas tree card for you today.


The textured card base is DCWV.  The printed paper is Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas layered on Bazzill white.  The tree is die cut from Elizabeth Craft Designs Ribbon Tree from Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Old Olive and Real Red, and a shimmery white and shimmery blue of unknown origin.  The tree is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

Trees are not my forte so I really debated buying this die however I found the branches just too appealing to resist.  It's a great die for using up little bits of scrap paper.  There are option for large trees like this or a smaller version along the same lines.  I didn't get the Early Espresso piece aligned properly so it looks a little wonky but that only adds character.  I offset the tree as well as the layered element because I thought it would work better for a sentiment-less card.  It did but I'm at a loss to explain exactly why.  I hadn't intended to use Stickles but it was already on my desk and the circles are perfect for Stickles.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment