Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Perfectly Purple

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas In July card is wonderfully different from the last few I've posted.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket "Mitten Weather" Flurries layered on two different textured Bazzill purples.  The images are Stampin' Up Snow Swirled stamped in Tsukineko Pearlescent Crimson on Very Vanilla and layered on more purple Bazzill.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado Holiday Greetings stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The ribbon is Crafts.  The embellishments are Mark Richards 3mm Silver Metals.

I needed a change from the traditional and thought this lovely purple paper was just the ticket.  I always have issues stamping trees so I decided to try stamping a forest and had much better results.  I also played with stamping multiple impressions with a single inking and found that was also much more interesting.  I hadn't originally planned to add ribbon but, keeping it simple, I thought it grounded the trees even more.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment