Saturday, August 1, 2015

Anniversary Wishes

Hello everyone,

My mother asked me to craft this very special wedding anniversary card for my grandparents who will be celebrating their 72nd wedding anniversary later this month.


The printed paper is K&Company Wedding Blue layered on a shimmery blue of unknown origin.  The images are Stampin' Up Creative Elements stamped in Baja Breeze on Recollections Vanilla and layered on shimmery blue and Recollections Vanilla.  The images are highlighted with Diamond Stickles.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamped in Close To My Heart Twilight on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more shimmery blue.

I wanted to craft a very, very special anniversary card for my grandparents (they're actually second cousins but my siblings and I respectfully have always referred to them as our grandparents).  After doing some research I found that there is no particular theme for a 72nd wedding anniversary so I decided to use some favourite elements.  Blue is a favourite colour and the shimmery paper just makes me happy.  I love using this particular image for weddings and anniversary because it's light and offers great opportunities for highlight.  In this particular case it also speaks very well to the printed paper.  Overall I'm pleased with this card and I think it will acknowledge 72 years married very appropriately.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment