Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Another Wedding Butterfly

Hello everyone,

As I wasn't completely satisfied with yesterday's wedding card so decided to try again going in a somewhat different direction.


The image is Stampin' Up Swallowtail stamped in Illuminate ink on Concord Crush and layered on Precious Metals Pearlized Gold Leaf.  The sentiment is Fiskars Just Married stamped in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White and layered on more Pearlized Gold Leaf.  The embellishments are ZVA Creative Self Adhesive pearls.

From the moment I saw the Illuminate ink in the Stampin' Up catalog, I've been intrigued by it.  I've done a bit of layered stamping with it but the results were less than anticipated.  I did some research online and found a few explanations.  The Illuminate ink is considered a watermark ink.  It shows up better against dark background as opposed to lighter ones.  On the dark Concord Crush the depth of the image depends on the angle of the light.  I had hoped for more shimmer but it actually came out more grey than shimmery.  The final result is actually pretty simple thus the addition of the gold pearl  embellishment flourish.  I'm completely undecided on this one.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment