Saturday, August 8, 2015

Birthday Butterfly

Hello everyone,

Today is my sister's birthday and I'm really happy with her card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss.  The butterfly is Stampin' Up Watercolour Wings stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and Tsukineko Starlite Black and Pearlescent Crimson on Recollections Vanilla and clear heat embossed.  The butterfly was die cut with Sizzix Bold Butterfly Framelits.  The sentiment is Penny Black Special Time stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Blackberry Bliss.  The embellishments are Mark Richards 3mm Gold Metals.

I wasn't in any rush when I was crafting this card so I decided to do some playing with this butterfly stamp.  I love the watercolour style and that it's a multi-step stamp is a bonus.  It does take some time though to work out colours and shading.  I will admit though, most everything I tried worked pretty well.  You'll be seeing more butterflies over the next while because I stamped quite a few.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment