Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Starbursts Scraps I

Hello everyone,

As I was crafting last Monday's Sunny Starburst card, I ended up with a number of botched attempts because of bad dimensions.  Rather than throw them in the recycle bin, I decided to see if I could use them.


The printed papers are scraps of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Gumball Green.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Four You stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Gumball Green.  The embellishments are Recollections Glitter Shapes.

If you look closely at the bottom left corner, you'll notice the triangles are misshaped and not in pattern sequence - the bad dimensions I wrote about above.  Given the patterns and layout make this so busy, I figured overlapping the triangles would at least make the sunburst layer usable and it most certainly worked.  I love these cheerful colours and patterns.  It took me a bit to find some embellishments that worked but these glitter shapes are perfect!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment