Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunny Starburst

Hello everyone,

I'm still posting card from the series I crafted for a friend of my mother's.


The printed papers are of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Lovely Lilac.  The image is Stampin' Up Darling Dots stamped in Close To My Heart Sunset on Whisper White and highlighted with Star Dust Stickles.

My mother is a wonderful quilter so it seemed quite obvious to me to craft a starburst card.  This type of card is perfect for using up scraps.  I chose colours that were really bright and cheerful because my mother would really like it.  I chose not to use a sentiment because these are just everyday note cards, not for any particular occasion.  It actually took me a couple of attempts to get the bursts somewhat even as my card bases were not the right size.  I eventually decided to improvise, so I have a few extra starburst bases that I will use up when I'm finished with this series.  They're all lovely.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment