Monday, August 31, 2015

Tree of Thanks

Hello everyone,

I had mixed feeling about this piece of donated scrap paper but decided to see what I could do.


The printed paper is of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thank You Tree stamped in Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Ruby Red.  The butterfly is die cut with Sizzix Bold Butterflies Framelits from watercolour paper that was smooshed with a variety of Stampin' Up Watercolor crayons.  The embellishment is Stampin' Up Subtle Candy Dots.

I think this was a tough paper to use because of the style and colour options.  I was in the mood to play with watercolour crayons but I don't think this particular die cut was the best choice.  The colours are all right but the style is off.  I had hoped that mutedness of the technique would work with the vintage style of the paper but something was off.  I'm also not convinced about the candy dot.  It's not quite the right colour nor, I think the right choice.  I'm not completely unhappy with this card but I don't feel it's my best effort.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment