Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Loving Thoughts

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a long overdue card for my Uncle.  He recently spent some time in hospital though is doing better.  He also sent me a photo album that use to belong to my grandmother.  It had some wonderful baby and family photos.  I'm so grateful he sent it to me.


The images are Stampin' Up Wetlands and Gina K Follow Your Dreams.  They were stamped in StazOn Timber Brown, Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow, Crumbcake and Always Artichoke, and Close To My Heart Whisper on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla.  The sentiment, also Stampin' Up Wetlands, is stamped in Early Espresso.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye Sleigh Bells Ring wood dots.

My Uncle has always had a great appreciation for the out of doors.  While I'm not generally very pleased with stamped scenes, I quite liked these results.  I wish the birds were on a better scale, but I just couldn't leave them out.  I debated using a get well sentiment but because I also wanted to thank him, I thought 'thinking of you' was more appropriate.  I was absolutely thrilled when I came across these wooden dots, they are really lovely and work so perfectly with this card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment