Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tri-Fold Wedding

Hello everyone,

Today's post is for a wedding card that was commissioned by a colleague.  I was already in the tri-fold mode so I decided to see what I could come up with.


The card base is Recollections White.  The solid papers are Stampin' Up Going Grey, Recollections Foil, and a shimmery silver of unknown origin.  The outside grey strips were textured with Quickutz Leaves embossing folder, painted with LuminArte True Blue and Bolivian Blue Twinkling H2Os, and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The images are Verve Love Story and Artful Elegance stamped in Stampin' Up Pacific Point on Recollections White, and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Penny Black Full of Life also stamped in Pacific Point on Recollections White.

Whenever I get a commission with a lot of elements requested, I often wonder how I'm going to put it all together.  This card request was for charcoal grey, platinum, cobalt blue, center fold, birds, the Penny Black sentiment all for a September wedding which is to hold money.  I almost freaked out until I started pulling together the elements for this tri-fold card.  It was a great way to make all the requested elements become a very cohesive card.  I didn't think I would, but I actually really love this card.  I only hope my colleague will as well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment