Thursday, October 8, 2015

Watercoloured Roses

Hello everyone,

Now that I've finished with the recent Christmas card series and with now commissions on my plate, I'm little lost for inspiration.


The printed paper is Ken Oliver Watercolored Memories layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede and River Rock.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Four You stamped in Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbon is Crafts.  The embellishments are Marianne Design Butterflies.

I sometimes find that when my mojo is lagging, finding some beautiful paper and keep it simple will help spur on the creativity.  This card is a perfect example.  I found this 6 X 6 pad at my local scrapbooking store and couldn't resist the beautiful watercolours.  I find it especially appealing because one side of the sheet is muted while the other, with the same image, is quite bold.  A very interesting perspective that could make for some really beautiful cards.  I think I'd like to try using both muted and bold sides on one card as it would probably be quite phenomenal.  I found these wonderful pearl embellishments at Ecstasy Crafts which is a truly marvelous store just off highway 401 on the way to Toronto.  It also has an online store which is well worth checking out.  I'm not certain my creativity is completely back but I'll keep slogging through.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment