Monday, November 30, 2015

Mom's Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone,

This post is for the birthday card that I sent to my mom for her birthday last week.  You'd think with all the strawberry stamps and paper I've been collecting over the past few years, my Mom's card would be red and berried.  Not this year, it's pretty, soft and perfect.


The printed paper is Ken Oliver Watercolored Memories layered on Stampin' Up Barely Banana.  The sentiment is Joy Crafts Clear Stamps Sayings stamped in Soft Suede on Whisper White and layered on more Barely Banana.  The embellishments are Marianne Design Butterflies.

I have never really enjoyed using the colour yellow and actually avoid it as much as possible.  It can be a really hard colour to make work.  All that said, Barely Banana was perfect with this muted watercolour printed paper.  I used the soft side of the sheet as opposed to the bold 'flip' side.  I loved using this bold sentiment and its perfect stamped Soft Suede.  Even with the yellow, I love this card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment