Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Greetings

Hello everyone,

These next few posts are Christmas cards that I designed for an afternoon carding party.  As part of the Fall charity campaign at my work, there is an auction and I put forward an afternoon of carding.  I did a similar prize last year that was really well received.  This year, three of my colleagues, with no carding experience, are going to craft ten Christmas cards.  Once again, I had to keep the designs simple but still wanted the ladies to be happy with the results.  I hope these don't disappoint.


The printed papers are Stampin' Up Letters to Santa layered on textured Old Olive.  The image is Stampin' Up Merry & Type stamped in Olive Olive on Whisper White, highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and layered on Ridinghood Red.  The sentiment is Fiskars Vintage Christmas stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone Strips.

One of the great things about Stampin' Up is how easy everything works together.  I really took advantage of this capacity when designing these cards.  The cards are striking without using lots of elements.  I really love how the different pieces all come together.  The diagonals just make the vertical strip and focal image pop.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment