Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Anniversary Song

Hello everyone,

My husband and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and today's post is the card I made for him.  I didn't get a card but, in a major snow storm, he stopped by the florist and got me 25 beautiful red roses.  I'm truly blessed.


The background strips are Paper Accents Mirror Silver Glossy card stock, two different brushed silvers of unknown origin and a shimmery black also of unknown origin.  The white layer is Best Creation Inc. Craft n Craftin' Basic Glitter Paper.  The image is Gina K Because Of You stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on more shimmery black.  The sentiment, also Gina K Because Of You, was stamped in VersaMark on more shimmery black then heat embossed in Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  The embellishments are Kaisercraft Pearl Strips.

My daughter wondered when I bought this stamp set but I just couldn't resist this sentiment.  It's so perfect for wedding or anniversary cards.  It's different and that was extremely appealing.  I wasn't sure about using the image from this set but as a black silhouette, it's not to feminine.  I think it may actually be interesting in a solid colour like red, blue or green too, especially if the colours are on the darker side.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

PS - My husband loved his card and we had a lovely anniversary celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment