Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Experimenting

Hello everyone,

Having a few extra days off during the holidays allowed me to play with a few things that I've recently added to my stash.


The background is DCWV All Chalked Up Neutrals stamped with Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Small Paisley with Stampin' Up Illuminate ink and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Cocoa embossing powder.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Another Thank You stamped in Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.  The embellishments are Queen & Co Chocolate Delight Ice Rox.

This cards experiments with so many different things I'm rather shocked I'm even publishing it.  I picked up this DCWV card stack without totally realizing it was 'chalk' paper.  I love the colours and thought it might be rather fun to see how well it worked.  I don't have chalk ink but there have to be other options - right?  I decided to give the Illuminate ink yet another try, thinking it may just pop nicely against chalked paper - not so much really.  I'm so very disappointed in the Illuminate ink.  I had hoped it would be a great way to add some awesome shimmer to my cards.  As I wasn't at all satisfied with the stamped background, I decided to heat emboss in the hopes of saving the image.  I wasn't quite fast enough so the embossing didn't take all that well.  I'm calling it 'vintage'.  It could have been so very much worse!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment