Sunday, February 21, 2016

Classically Inspired

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned by a colleague for her very special uncle who turned 80!


The printed paper is Forever In Time layered on Bazzill Bitter Chocolate and Stampin' Up Mocha Morning.  The sentiment is Penny Black Special Time stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and layered on more Bitter Chocolate.  The banners are punched from a gold of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

'Uncle Otto' is a world traveler and classical music aficionado who hails from Vienna, Austria.  He's turned 80!  When my colleague commissioned this card I knew I had this sheet of music/instrument paper.  It coordinated beautifully with the Mocha Morning paper for a wonder masculine card.  I chose this sentiment because it had a more formal font and with the gold and pearls, I was trying to evoke a rather European feeling.  I'm very happy with the final result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment