Friday, February 26, 2016

Paisley and Pretty

Hello everyone,

I loved yesterday's beautiful butterfly and I wanted to craft another somewhat more sophisticated card.  Obviously I still have concerns about Wednesday's card.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Vanity Fair layered on Close To My Heart Juniper.  The image is Penny Black Paisley Pattern stamped in Juniper ink on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Juniper.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Amazing Sentiments stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and Platinum Liquid Pearls.

I do like this card but yesterday's is, by far, my favourite.  I love the colours and the paisley, of course, but am not as happy with the Liquid Pearls.  The idea worked, the executive not quite so much.  I also think I should have also used the Liquid Pearls on the image layer and the Sakura pen on the printed paper.  It would have provided better balance.  The image didn't stamp as well as I would have liked and I should have restamped.  Notwithstanding all my criticisms, it's still a lovely card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment