Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Field Of Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today is the last of the thank you card series I've been working on for the past couple of weeks.


The image is Sentimentally Yours Butterfly Field Collection stamped in Close To My Heart Slate on Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on Blackberry Bliss and Close To My Heart Slate. The image is highlighted with LuminArte Bolivian Blue, Poppy Red, Vavoom Red, Wild Plum and Wine & Roses.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Say It All stamped in Blackberry Bliss.  The embellishments are Marianne Design Butterflies.

The last couple of cards were interesting backgrounds over stamped with images.  In this particular case, this is just one large stamp.  I love the stamp but am not crazy about using a single colour.  Given its an acrylic stamp, I find it challenging to colour so the impression actually works.  I decided to try painting the butterflies and highlighting the flowers with Twinkling H2Os.  It was a good decision because the results were better than I could have hoped for.  The layers really help make the entire card work.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment