Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Baby Boy Blue

Hello everyone,

I'm posting a lovely baby boy card today.


The printed paper is Karen Foster Bedtime Friends layered on Bazzill Bitter Chocolate and Blue.  The images are Inkadinkado Baby Animals stamped in Baja Breeze on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and layered on more Bitter Chocolate.  The sentiment is Penny Black Baby Baby stamped in Early Espresso.  The embellishments are Platinum Liquid Pearls.

If this card looks familiar it's because I crafted a very similar card in January.  I really goofed in the brad placement so ended up starting from scratch.  I didn't want to throw out this baby animal paper (I only have a single sheet) as I'd hoped to be able to salvage at least some of it.  Once the frustration had passed, I realized that I only needed to enlarge the sentiment panel.  I used the images in the background to help cover some of the large amount of white space that could easily overwhelm the airy sentiment.  I used blue ink to help blend in somewhat with the background.  I wish I could have found a way to leave the giraffe's head in the bottom right corner revealed, but at the time, I didn't have any brilliant ideas.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment