Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Peach Calla Thanks

Hello everyone,

It's rare that when I'm playing around with stamps and paints that I craft but a single card, especially when the results are pleasing.


The image is Stampin' Up Remarkable You stamped in StazOn Jet Black on Recollections White and layered on Close To My Heart Smoothie.  The image is painted with LuminArte Fuzzy Peach, Lemongrass, Mango Mamba and Playful Peony Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado Thank You Words stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishment is Marianne Design Flowers.

The first time I attempted painting these calla images, it was an utter disaster so I put the stamp back in its case and ignored it.  I was feeling adventurous so decided to give them another try.  These images are actually perfect for a novice painter, they're not too complicated and they are large enough that you don't need to be perfect.  I often hesitate to use 'peach' as I find it difficult to coordinate.  In this case, the Fuzzy Peach Twinkling H2Os work beautifully with the Smoothies.  I thought the white layer was inspired, it so makes the flowers pop!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment