Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sympathy Poppies

Hello everyone,

I've still got a couple of sympathy cards to post.


The image is Eccentric Images Poppy stamped in StazOn Jet Black on Recollections Vanilla and painted with LuminArte Poppy and Mango Mamba Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is BoBunny Sentiments also stamped in StazOn Jet Black.  The focal element is layered on Stampin' Up Basic Black and a red of unknown origin.

I had a version of these poppies stamped and painted that I'd never used but when I started putting the layout together, I wasn't happy with the painting I'd done.  It was one of my early efforts.  I really liked the overall idea so decided to do a 'redo'.  These results are much better.  I purposely didn't paint to the edge for each petal because I wanted to see hints of the paper.  I thought it worked well with the 'distressed' font style of the sentiment.  I used this red background because it has a textured look to it, even though the red doesn't match the poppies perfectly.  A great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment