Friday, March 25, 2016

Wings of Condolence

Hello everyone,

Today's sympathy card uses another image that I'd stamped ages ago and hadn't yet used.


The printed paper is S.E.I Sunny Day.  The image is Stampin' Up Watercolor Wings stamped in StazOn Metallic Gold, Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon and Midnight Muse, and Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla.  The image was die cut with Sizzix Bold Butterfly Framelits.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Midnight Muse on Recollection Vanilla.The ribbon is American Crafts.

There is some rather vintage about this card.  The colours, blue and yellow, and the patterned paper are likely the reason.  I was, at first, inclined to add some embellishments but this butterfly is large and by placing it in the 'sweet spot' on top of the ribbon, it really didn't need anything else.  As I look at this photo, I believe I could have lowered the sentiment just a little bit but, that's hindsight.  I still think this is a great card in all its simplicity.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment